Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review - Torment by Lauren Kate

Torment by Lauren Kate
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Release Date: September 2010
Age Range: YA
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 452


Barnes and Noble synopsis...

Hell on earth.
 
That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.

It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.

What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.

My Review...

SPOLIER ALERT

Ok, since I like the concept of the story I gave it 4 stars. If not it would have been most likely 3. I have to say I never really give bad reviews because I find good in everything, even writing. To each his own. I don't feel my opinion should make or break. But, in this case I have to say I am closer to a bad review than a good.

I am incredibly disappointed. All the questions I had from Fallen I was hoping that would either be answered or at least give me some idea as to what is really going on, were completely neglected. I understand there is another book, but I feel very unsatisfied. The only reason I will be reading the next book is to fulfill my need for the answers. I feel like Luce diving into the Announcer begging for some truth. I love Daniel and Cam and Miles. The imaginary boyfriend side of me completely swoon over these boys, but it just isn't enough.

My relationship with Luce is bittersweet. I like her one minute and find her childish the next. I mean, you have been reincarnated how many times? and you still find trivial things to get annoyed about with your hot Angel of a boyfriend. I get you want to know more about you and him and why you are so important, but getting mad because he wants to keep you safe, I mean come on!

If Passion answers all my questions and gives some peace to everything that is stirring up in my head about this story, then it will be worth it. If not, then well, I will always like Lauren's writing style and concepts, but the disappointment will still be there.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Locations of visitors to this page