Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Review - Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Release Date: December 2009
Age Range: YA
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 452

Barnes and Noble synopsis...

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
 
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce—and goes out of his way to make that very clear—she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
 
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


My Review

I must say before I post the review, that this is from January. I wasn't sure if I was going to start posting reviews or not, but I finally made up my mind. I was thinking of starting from the most recent book I read, but I really wanted to do the all reviews for 2011. Thank God I only read 4 books so far =/. Onto the short and sweet review...

I really enjoyed this book. The concept is original, the characters believable [even with a few of them being Angels and all] and even though its a nicely sized book it's actually a quick read. I don't always like when stories jump right into things, so this taking its time to really get to the point was actually fine with me.

I like that even though Lauren Kate gave you a lot of detail as to what the story is about, she is leaving enough out to continue the story and keep your interest. I'm starting Torment right after this review because I'm still in the whole Luce/Daniel mode and I kind of don't want it to end.

I have to say, even though this has nothing to do with this stories review, I am extremely disappointed with Passion's cover. It's a beautiful cover on its own, but as part of this series, to me, it just doesn't look as beautiful as the priors. Now with that said, I'm off to read Torment.






2 comments:

  1. *claps*

    See! That wasn't too bad now was it? I still haven't read this one, but one day I will get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly lol. I actually did a few posts for every day this week. 2 being reviews. I copied my review from Goodreads for Torment. I still stick to what I think of it. And yes, it wasn't too bad. lol. I need to finish my other books and go buy me some more! :D

    Being myself feels good again Amber... it feels good!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Locations of visitors to this page