Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Something New This Way Comes!

As of tomorrow I'm going to be starting a new journey. I have decided that I want to run. Maybe even become a runner. Crazier things have happened! I don't know exactly how this will end but I want to start this journey with a positive attitude and hopes in myself that I become disciplined enough to do what I need to.

I'm going to register with a pretty cool marathon called The Color Run. I've heard of it before and know people who have participated in ones like this. I figured that if I'm going to start a marathon it might as well be one that is considered extremely fun and if I have to walk most of it I won't feel too bad.

So, the journey will begin tomorrow morning after I send my children off to school. I'm going to start my 3 days a week 30 minutes a day walking/running intervals. I'm going to start off slow on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Next week I will start of doing better (hopefully). I will run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If I do this every week for the next 9 weeks I should be able to run the 5K or at least 2 miles. I'm hoping to be able to run even 1 mile without any problems. I have faith in myself and I think if I make this into a fun goal I will push myself that much more.

I'm so proud of myself that I have been setting goals and starting to accomplish them. Slowly... extremely slowly, but definitely surely.

I would like to document my progress with my running and my Blogilates that I will also still be doing just not as much. It's very hard on someone like me who is so extremely out of shape. Although since Blogilates I have been much more flexible my agility is so much better and my strength has increased, so I definitely do not want to stop. Eating has become better as well. I can't diet. It's just not in my way. I can however eat better and make better decisions when it comes to what I put in my body. Plus I love trying new things like healthy smoothies and snacks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Locations of visitors to this page