Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

YA of the 80's and 90's Reading Challenge

I have joined another reading challenge. But  like the vampire one, this was one I could NOT pass up. When I was 11 years old  I read my first big book from beginning to end. It was a Stephen King book. [that was also when I realized I wanted to be a writer].

Now, even though I did read the book I didn’t understand most of the words he said. So.. I went to what at the time I thought was the next best thing. R.L. Stine. To me he was the younger readers, Stephen King. So, once a week my mother took me to buy a new book. Then it was twice a week. Then it was 4-5 books in one shot. I still have every R.L. Stine book I owned from 11 up. They are all in perfect condition [minus the one I let my 10 year old read].

Plus I have some others from Christopher Pike, Nicholas Pine, Diane Hoh [Nightmare Hall was like my fave lol], Caroline B. Cooney did some cool vampire ones and this one book from Richie Tankersley Cusick that I liked called Trick or Treat. Love my scary stuffs!

So onto the challenge!


YA of the 80s and 90s Reading Challenge


The Book Vixen is the awesome creator to this awesome challenge. Goal? Read as many YA books that were originally published from 1980-1999. Challenge begins January 1, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011. You can sign in at any time. For sign in and more info on this challenge click here. Have fun with this. I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. hi Cheryl. thanks for dropping by my blog. the KJ series was fun and your kids will surely love them. reading the books made me feel young again c",) have a merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you say that about feeling young again. In this challenge that I just signed up for I was already feeling young again when I pulled out all my old books lol. Its a great feeling. You have yourself a merry Christmas as well and blessed New Year! =D

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Locations of visitors to this page